Dear Leechburg Families,
I would like to start by thanking everyone for their support of the Learn-from-Home education plans currently being implemented at Leechburg Area as a result of the Covid 19 Pandemic. The district understands the burden of this situation on families and look forward to the time we can return to school.
As a result of this school closure, many events have been modified and Kindergarten Registration is an event the district will modify for this school year. The following plan will be implemented this year to prepare next year’s kindergarten class for school in the fall.
Kindergarten Registration / Screening Plan for 2020-2021 Kindergarten Class
- Registration packets are available on the district webpage. The link can be found at https://www.leechburg.k12.pa.us/. If you do not have access to print these form off from home, please call the elementary office at 7240845-6071, ext. 133 to make arrangements to pick up a packet.
There are five forms that need completed to registrar you child for kindergarten next year.
- The district’s Kindergarten Registration Form
- A completed medical packet
- Verification of Residency (Two documents listed on form)
- Homeless Form
- Home Language Form
- Parents will be required to either mail the packets or drop them off at the elementary office by June 5th, 2020.
- Kindergarten Screening is tentatively set for late July or early August. This plan will be finalized once we are given the green light by the state to proceed. The district uses the results of this screening to create classroom in a way that maximizes learning for all students. We will send personal updates to all families registered for kindergarten as soon as those plans are updates.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation during these ever-changing times. I will work hard to ensure all new kindergarteners have a smooth transition and a wonderful first year of school at David Leech Elementary School. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to email or call.